Cold Ash Parish Council requires a part‐time Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Cold Ash Parish Council has a total of 11 Councillors and covers four Wards Cold Ash, Manor Park, Little Copse and Florence Gardens. Cold Ash Parish has a combined population of approx. 4,000 people with an annual precept of £50K.
This varied post would suit someone interested in the local community and local Government. They will have good communication, administrative and financial skills and will have good digital skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, online maps, data privacy, online storage and security.
Duties will include, for which the Parish Council are responsible,:
- Arranging and attending twice monthly Parish Council meetings. Preparing agendas, and supporting papers and minutes.
- Providing information to enable the Parish Council to make decisions then implementing the council’s decisions.
- Providing legal, procedural, and administrative guidance to the Council.
- Managing Council finances and completing the Annual Return.
- Updating the Parish Council’s website, ensuring it meets the requirements of the Transparency Code.
- Receiving and dealing with the Parish Council correspondence and documents.
- Liaising with Parish Councillors, external bodies and the public.
- Preparing Parish Council’s policies and procedures.
- Managing the maintenance of the Recreation Ground and play areas
- Managing the Allotments and Wildlife Allotment Garden, raising invoices and tenancy agreements.
- Managing the Parish Council’s burial ground and liaising with undertakers, stonemasons and members of the public.
The role is office based with a degree of flexibility for 20 hours per week which can be worked flexibly, with the Parish Council’s agreement, which would include attending 2 Parish Council meetings on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of each month. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with an employment contract for part‐time clerks and will depend on experience, using the NALC (National Association of Local Councils) pay scale. An applicant qualified with the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) is preferable. However, individuals who are willing to work towards this qualification will be considered.
The right candidate will need to have the ability to deal with a range of issues, have financial skills, strong interpersonal, communication and administration abilities and be able to work independently on normal Council business as well as with Councillors to progress Council projects.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in serving the parishioners of Cold Ash and surrounding wards, and will be responsible to the Parish Council as a corporate body.
Please apply to the Parish Clerk by email on firstname.lastname@example.org call 01635860004 for further information. Closing date for applications is 30th April 2023