The Environment Committee of Cold Ash Parish Council is responsible for:
a. Council Allotments, Grazing Land, Wildlife Allotment Gardens, Community Orchard and Little Copse:
- Determining the system of allocating tenancies for allotments and grazing rights.
- Recommending to the Council annually, any revisions needed to the rules and regulations covering the letting of the allotments
- Establishing a system of routine inspections and conducting Risk Assessments of the Council’s allotments, grazing land, wildlife garden, orchard and Little Copse, so that maintenance work can be noted and recommendations made to the Council on remedial action required
b. Bridleways and Footpaths in the Parish:
- Monitoring signposting and waymakers.
- Establishing a system of routine inspections of all bridleways and footpaths (including styles and gates) in the Parish so that maintenance needs and unlawful obstructions can be noted and remedial action initiated.
- Making recommendations to the Council on any matters pertaining to footpaths and bridleways, including the allocation of maintenance and remedial actions to the appropriate body (WBC, private contractor, voluntary group, etc.).
- Developing relationships with key bodies such as The Ramblers and Open Space in order to leverage any support they can provide in assessing and managing environmental and PROW issues
c. Reviewing the 6-monthly Tree Report and recommending the actions to Council for approval.
d. Collating a Public Rights Of Way assessment annually and recommending it to Council for approval, prior to submission to WBC for action.
e. Establishing a system of routine inspections of the Hermitage Road Recreation Ground, including the play area and of the Southend Recreation areas – so that maintenance work can be noted and recommendations can be made to the Council on remedial action
|28th July 2020|
|28th July 2020|